Monday 24 January 2022

An Accident That Wasn't My Fault!

 Yesterday I had the following 'phone conversation:


"Hello."
"Good morning. I understand you have recently been in an accident that wasn't your fault. Is that right?"
I hesitated, about to cut the call. Then I changed my mind. "Oh yes. That's right. The one in Wiltshire?"
"I see. Whereabouts?"
"At Longleat."
"Thank you. I just want to check on the details of the accident. Is that okay?"
"Sure."
"Could you just explain what happened."
"Well, you're right, it wasn't my fault. It just ran out."
"Ran out?"
"Yes, right in front of me."
"What did? The other vehicle?"
"No, the giraffe."
"The giraffe? Is that another make? Like the... uhm, the Panda?"
"Not exactly. There's a big difference between a panda and a giraffe."
"I see. I'm not familiar with... was it head on?"
"Hardly! More like... between the legs."
"Sorry? Between the legs? You were injured then? Did you get the other party's insurance details?"
"No, I didn't think many giraffes would have had the foresight to have taken out insurance when relocated to Longleat and anyway I didn't have a pen and applying an educated guess, I assumed nor did the giraffe."
"Sorry. The giraffe driver, you mean?"
"Driver?"
"Yes, was the giraffe driven -"
"Well, it certainly had attitude after I hit it."
"I'm confused, sir. Can we clarify... did you say a safari park?"
"Yes, Longleat is a safari park. The giraffe that run out in front of me was an inmate and the collision that resulted was an accident that wasn't my fault, which is what you rang up about wasn't it?"
There was a pause, then, "Sir, are you wasting my time?"
"Me... wasting your time? You called me...."
The line went dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment